Career Development Services for Current Students and Alumni
Whether you are already on a career path or you're unsure which career is right for you, the Career Development Center can help you every step of the way!
How We Assist Students
- Career exploration
- Internship and practicum
- Resume writing, cover letter and portfolio development
- Online job board - College Central Network
- Job and career fairs
- Job search strategies counseling
- Interview preparation
We have career resources that make the job search more manageable including computer software, videos, books, periodicals and specialty web sites. These materials are available to conduct research, explore career options, obtain occupational descriptions, find job openings, prepare for interviews and much more.
Online Job Board
Along with frequently updated job postings, College Central Network also allows you to post your resume for review, create a porfolio, search for internships, keep updated on events and provides links to other resources such as our social media pages.
As a current student of Westmoreland, you have been pre-registered for this service at no cost to you. To access your account:
- Click the "Students" icon
- Click "Pre-registered? Activate Account." (Do NOT click “Create Account” unless the system cannot find you)
- In the pop-up window, enter your 7-digit Student ID Number in the “User ID” box and your Westmoreland email address in the “Email address” box. Click Activate Account.
- Under Activate Account, create a password. Keep this password in a safe place so you can refer to it and click Submit.
- Update your registration information by entering the required information marked with an asterisk (*) and click Save Changes.
- Your account is now activated. To access services, log-in with your 7 digit student ID and the password you created.
Do you have an existing Student account? If so, please change your status from Student to Alumnus/a. It’s easy to transfer your user account to Alumni Central and continue to utilize College Central Network!
On the Student Central home page go to Transfer My User Account and change the account status. As an alumnus/a who is new to CCN, please register for services following the instructions below.
- At the URL line type www.collegecentral.com/westmoreland
- Click the Alumni icon; then Create Account
- Choose a unique ID and Password that you will remember; confirm your password
- Click “Continue Registration”
From your homepage, click Search for Jobs Posted to My School, enter criteria specific to the type of job you are looking for on the search form, click Begin Search. You may also Search for Jobs in CCN’s Jobs Central, our national job database.
When conducting a job search using CCN, be aware that by selecting several search criteria, such as Degree, Area of Interest, FT/PT jobs, etc., you are narrowing your search. It is a good idea to conduct a focused search, but you may also want to try searching different criteria. To view all jobs posted, leave all the search fields blank.
Job and Career Fairs
Students are able to explore employment and career opportunities in most industries through personal contact with employers. Workshops prepare students to be successful at the fair. Westmoreland Career Development participates in three job and career fairs:
- WestPACS: Largest job fair in the Pittsburgh Region
- W.A.N.T./Westmoreland Assists Native Talent: Job and Career Expo
- Health Professions Career Fair/Youngwood campus (every April)