Workforce Development and Training Programs at Westmoreland
Westmoreland is committed to helping area business and industry develop and maintain a skilled workforce to remain competitive in an ever-changing world.
Our Workforce Development team is comprised of dedicated professionals committed to working with your organization to identify your training needs and close the skills gap by providing you with cost-effective solutions. Additionally, the team is prepared to assist you with the process of hiring qualified employees by evaluating the skills and abilities of job candidates.
From the largest manufacturers to small shops, we are ready to work with you! Westmoreland offers:
- Flexible enrollment schedules, can be available at times that are convenient for you and your company
- Customized on-site training
- Customized training at the Advanced Technology Center with Amatrol equipment
- Customized training at Westmoreland 's seven locations
Customized and Standard Programs Available
- Industrial Technology
- Information Technology
- Healthcare, Industrial Safety & Security
- Business & Professional Development
Amatrol Learning System & eAssessment
In addition to instructor-led trainings, the Workforce Development team uses the Amatrol® Learning System that covers a broad array of applications including mechanical, electrical, electronics, fluid power and automation to prepare participants to perform in virtually any industrial setting. This system is equipped with computer-based fault insertion systems to track participant troubleshooting activities.
Amatrol’s eAssessment revolutionizes technical assessment and training by individually determining a learner’s skill level in specific areas. This assessment prevents training overlap, which dramatically improves training effectiveness and efficiency, reducing invested time and cost. eAssessments are available in almost 20 topics ranging from automation, green energy and lean manufacturing to process control, safety and workplace effectiveness.
Amatrol Online Course Offerings
The Workforce Development team is pleased to offer an expansion to our extensive corporate training course offerings! Utilizing Amatrol's eLearning platform that includes state of the art virtual simulators and stunning graphics, students have the flexibility to learn in a 24/7 environment from a location that is most convenient for them. Topics offered include:
- Fluid Power
- Machining Principles
- Manufacturing Processes
- Quality Control
- Workplace Effectiveness
All online courses have an open start date. Tuition includes 6-month access license to the Amatrol Learning Management System.
To register, complete and submit an online registration form.
Based on industry demand, Westmoreland is offering the Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Apprenticeship program beginning in February 2020. Students can complete this four-year program in 18-week semesters held during the fall and spring.
Participants will earn their Journeyman certificate through the Department of Labor & Industry upon successful completion.
As an Apprenticeship participant, your organization can expect:
- Nearly 600 hours of industry-vetted technical instruction led by our subject matter experts,
- 2,000 hours per year of on-the-job training at a company worksite monitored by Westmoreland,
- Valuable skills gained in a wide array of technical areas such as electrical, mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics & welding, plus soft skills,
- Hands-on skills training that mimics industry processes, and
- Evening classes held once a week at Westmoreland's Advanced Technology Center in Mount Pleasant, PA.
Tuition reimbursement may be available! For additional information, please contact Lorrie Douglass, Workforce Development Coordinator, by calling 724-925-5864 or emailing email@example.com.
Certification Testing at Westmoreland
- American Welding Society Accredited Testing Facility
- Westmoreland is one of 159 testing sites in the U.S. Our testing facility can help you write and qualify welding procedures and welders to fit your needs, or you may choose from one of more than 140 qualified or pre-qualified procedures in our library.
- IPC Soldering
- EPA Refrigerant Recovery/Recycling
- American Heart Association HeartSaver First Aid/CPR/AED
- Certified Solidworks Associate (CSWA)
- Certified Solidworks Professional (CSWP)
- OSHA 10-Hour/30-Hour
- PEC SafeLand/SafeGulf
- Manual Machining
- CNC Machining
- Automation and Robotics
- CAD/CAM programs
- AutoDesk Inventor
- Programmable Logic Control
- Blueprint Reading
- Technical Math/Shop Math
- Geometric Dimensioning/Tolerancing
- IPC Soldering Certifications
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Maintenance Electricity
- PEC Safety
- General Industry
- Ropes Safety Training
- Confined Space
- Hazardous Materials
- Trench Rescue
- Personal Protective Gear
- Fall Hazards/Protection
- Hearing/Vision Protection
- Armed Intruder Training
- Aerial Platform
- Rigging Safety
- Arc Flash
- Communication Skills
- LEAN/Six Sigma
- Managing Change
- Team Building
- Coaching for Success
- Project Management
- Essentials of Leadership
- Developing Others
- Situational Leadership
- Microsoft Office
- Database Programming
- Basic Computer Skills
- Cloud Computing
- Social Media for Business
Westmoreland County Community College is a proud partner with the Workforce & Economic Development Network of Pennsylvania (WEDnetPA). Qualified companies can receive up to $600 for Essential Skills Training and up to $1,200 for Technical Skills Training per eligible employee.
To find out if your company qualifies for the WEDnetPA Grant, contact our Workforce Development team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Workforce Development Staff
Continuing Education, Workforce and Community Development